The Corvallis City Council meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the downtown fire station, 400 NW Harrison Blvd. The council is meeting away from its normal Monday slot because of the Presidents Day holiday.
On the agenda are deliberations on the Caldwell Farms annexation, which could add more than 90 units of housing and an assisted living center on 16.45 acres on West Hills Road just west of the 53rd Street roundabout. Councilors were scheduled to deliberate Feb. 5, but the discussion was postponed to give the applicant time to review additional documents that were added to the record.
In other public meetings:
• Ward 5 Corvallis Councilor Charlyn Ellis will be the 10 a.m. to noon government comment corner guest at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library, 645 NW Monroe Ave.
• The Corvallis Climate Action Advisory Board meets for the first time at 7 p.m. at the library. The board, set up to implement the city’s climate action plan, plans to discuss its work plan, meeting schedule and assignments.
• The Benton County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session at 9 a.m. in the county boardrooms, 205 NW Fifth St., Corvallis. The agenda will include an update on community health and several items related to the special transportation program.
• The Benton County Board of Commissioners will meet at noon in the county boardrooms to discuss a resolution on universal health care and plans for restoring Jackson-Frazier Wetland.
• The Philomath finance/administration committee meets at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 980 Applegate St., to discuss cost of living raises for nonunion staff, the general fund fee and PERS.
• Benton County will host a community meeting to discuss plans for an in-depth assessment of the local criminal justice system at 6:30 p.m. in the ballroom of the Courtyard by Marriott, 400 SW First St., Corvallis.
• The Corvallis Housing and Community Development Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. at the Madison Avenue Meeting Room, 500 SW Madison Ave. and will discuss possible partnerships that might boost affordable housing in town.
• The Community Relations Advisory Group meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Building, 180 NW Fifth St.
• The Corvallis Arts and Culture Advisory Board meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Parks and Recreation Department, 1310 SW Avery Park Drive.
• The Corvallis Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at the downtown fire station and will hold public hearings on the historic preservation plan and land development code text amendments related to land use application requirements.
• The City Council meets in a 4 p.m. work session at the Madison room to discuss the buildable lands inventory and the strategic operational plan.
• The Marys Peak Group of the Sierra Club is hosting an event on "Exploring the Oregon Coast Trail" at 6:30 p.m. at the library. Connie Soper, a coast trail and maintenance advocate will discuss her new book on the trail.
• The Oregon Chapter of the Sierra Club and Our Children’s Trust are hosting a forum on climate action from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the library. Giving presentations will be Coreal Riday-White of Our Children’s Trust; Cassandra Glaspire, Oregon State University post-doctoral scholar in the Department of Fisheries and Wildlife; OSU researcher Froggi VanRiper and members of Corvallis’ Youth Climate Action Now chapter.