Albany police on Friday began investigating an apparent acid spill on a city bus seat.

“At this point, we don’t know if it was intentional,” said Sgt. Stephanie Warren.

A man sat in the substance and it burned through his pants but didn’t injure him, Warren said.

Authorities were notified of the situation after the bus driver tried to clean up the back seat.

“She took a general cleaner and sprayed it, and in doing so, started developing some respiratory problems,” Warren said.

At 3 p.m. Friday, the bus was taken to the Albany Fire Department Station 12 on 34th Avenue. Workers there determined it was a potential hazardous material, and they believed it was an acid.

Police were called to the fire station at 3:24 p.m.

Warren said that a group of children who had been transported on Thursday had spoken about a seat being wet.

 

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0

Load comments