Six new members have been elected to the Oregon State University Foundation Board of Trustees. The foundation is the nonprofit organization that raises private funds for Oregon State University.
The new trustees, who began their six-year terms July 1, join 36 current trustees who serve as the foundation’s governing board.
All trustees are volunteers. The new trustees are:
• Patricia Valian Reser, of Beaverton, board chair of Reser’s Fine Foods. She and her late husband, Al Reser, received numerous awards for their service and philanthropic leadership.
• N. Christian “Chris” Anderson III of Portland, president and publisher of The Oregonian newspaper.
• Diane S. Detering-Paddison, of Dallas, Texas, the chief strategy officer for Cassidy Turley, one of the largest commercial real estate service providers in the United States.
• Jill Wissler Eiland, of Portland, corporate affairs manager for Intel Corporation.
• James J. Piro, of Lake Oswego, president and chief executive officer of Portland General Electric.
• Steven A. Zamsky, of Darien, Conn., a managing director in the credit trading business at Morgan Stanley in New York City.
The trustees oversee The Campaign for OSU, which has raised more than $607 million in commitments to date. The goal of the campaign is to raise $625 million.