Fire Calls 3 (Stock)
Godofredo Vasquez, Gazette-Times File Photo

Wilson Hall, a dormitory on Oregon State University’s campus, was evacuated Monday after a fire started inside a microwave, according to the Corvallis Fire Department.

No one was injured in the fire, said fire prevention officer Jim Patton.

The fire started in a microwave in a third floor kitchenette, he said. The fire was mostly extinguished when firefighters arrived about 2:45 p.m. The room sustained some soot damage, Patton said.

The fire department and Oregon State Police were investigating the fire, he said.

Students were evacuated and kept out of the building for about 30 minutes, Patton said.

Lillian Schrock covers public safety for the Gazette-Times. She may be reached at 541-758-9548 or lillian.schrock@lee.net. Follow her on Twitter at @LillieSchrock. 

0
0
0
1
0

Load comments