The Collaboration Corvallis parking and traffic workgroup meets at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Osborn Aquatic Center, 1940 N.W. Highland Drive.
The workgroup will continue its discussion of bicycle and pedestrian safety issues on corridors through Oregon State University as well as a possible assessment of banning cars for freshman students.
At its previous meeting Aug. 27, workgroup members requested more information from city staff on the bicycyle/pedestrian safety issue, and Corvallis Police Chief Jon Sassaman and Public Works Director Mary Steckel will be on hand to answer questions.
In other public meetings:
• The Corvallis/Benton County Economic Development Commission meets at 3:30 p.m. at the Madison Avenue Meeting Room, 500 S.W. Madison Ave. The commission will elect officer, hear a monthly business activity report and discuss the Corvallis City Council goal for the group.
• The Philomath City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 980 Applegate St. On the agenda is a ceremony to honor Ken and Carol Stueve for their work on the Philomath Frolic & Rodeo and a discussion of the process to replace retiring City Manager Randy Kugler.
• The Corvallis Citizens Advisory Commission on Transit meets at 8:20 a.m. at the Madison Avenue Meeting Room.
• The Corvallis Downtown Parking Committee meets at 4 p.m. at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library.
• The Corvallis Historic Resources Commission meets at 6 p.m. at the downtown fire station, 400 N.W. Harrison Blvd. to discuss an application from a homeowner in the College High-West National Historic District to change the structure’s garage door.
• Ward 2 Corvallis Councilor Roen Hogg will host a ward meeting at 7 p.m. at the Depot Suites, 700 S.W. Washington Ave.
• Representatives of Campus Crest Communities will be on hand at a noon to 1:30 Chamber of Commerce lunch forum at the Corvallis Country Club, 1850 S.W. Whiteside Drive.
The event costs $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers. To register call 541-757-1505 or go to www.corvallischamber.com.
Campus Crest hopes to build housing for up to 900 Oregon State students on a parcel in northwest Corvallis. The Corvallis Planning Commission will continue its public hearing on the issue Sept. 23 at the LaSells Stewart Center at Oregon State.
• The Corvallis-Benton County Public Library Board meets at 7:30 p.m. in the library board room, 645 N.W. Monroe Ave.
• The Corvallis Citizens Advisory Commission on Civic Beautifcation and Urban Forestry meets at 8:30 a.m. at the Parks and Recreation Conference Room, 1310 S.W. Avery Park Drive.
• Ward 1 Councilor Penny York will be the “government corner” guest from 10 a.m. to noon at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library.
Contact reporter James Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-758-9542. Follow at Twitter.com/jameshday or gazettetimes.com/blogs/jim-day.