A fire caused by a malfunctioning mini fridge destroyed a detached shed in Corvallis Monday night, a Fire Department spokesman said.
The fire in the 5700 of Northwest Oak Creek Drive did not spread to the nearby house and no one was injured in the blaze, Jim Patton said. The residents of the home were not displaced, he said.
Firefighters responded to the area about 8:30 p.m. after a woman driving by the house noticed the fire, Patton said. She called 911 and knocked on the door of the home to alert the residents, who had not been aware of the fire, Patton said.
The blaze also damaged a detached shop on the property, Patton said.
He said investigators believe the fire was caused by a small fridge in the shed. One of the residents had been working on the fridge because it had been malfunctioning, Patton said. The fridge was significantly damaged by the fire, so it’s difficult to tell how exactly it failed, he said.