The junior place-kicker moved into a tie for fifth place for the most OSU career field goals with 32. He went 4-for-5 in the game with makes from 42, 48, 27 and 31 yards. Four FGs is a career-best. He's 15-for-19 for the season and has hit six from 40 yards or longer.
UCLA lost its fifth straight game. All of them are Pacific-10 Conference games. At 3-5 the chances for a bowl game are slim. The Bruins must win at three of their last four games, and Southern California is still on the schedule.
The final touchdown
WR James Rodgers scored the game-winning touchdown on a 17-yard end around run with 44 seconds left in the game to break a tie score. The Beavers had blown a 16-point lead until that point.
The Beavers pressured the quarterback the first three quarters and on the final drive. They registered four sacks in the game. That doubled the season total.
The Beavers snapped their three-game losing streak to the Bruins in Reser Stadium. The last time OSU beat UCLA at home before Saturday was in 1999.
• Sophomore RB Jacquizz Rodgers moved into sixth place on OSU's career rushing list with 2,175 yards. Next up in fifth is Peter Pifer (1964-66) with 2,233.
• He recorded his 12th career 100-yard rushing game to tie Dave Schilling (1969-71) in fifth for the most in OSU history.
• Rodgers has accounted for 16 TDs this season: 14 rushing, one receiving and one passing.
• He has not fumbled in his OSU career, which encompasses 431 rushes and 78 receptions.
• Junior wide receiver James Rodgers moved into ninth place for OSU career receptions with 130. Anthony Brown (2004-07) is next with 133.
• The Rodgers brothers combined for 3,333 all-purpose yards last season. They are on pace for 4,188 this season. They accounted for 428 yards of the 463 by the Beavers against UCLA.
OG Gregg Peat tied TE Howard Croom for the most starts on the team with 23. Peat has had 22 straight. Peat caught Croom, who started the last two seasons, because Croom has been coming off the bench this season.
• LB David Pa'aluhi didn't start due to sickness, but played much of the game.
• CB Tim Clark limped off the field near the end of the game with an unspecified injury.
• UCLA was held scoreless in the first half. That's the third time OSU has done that to an opponent this season.
• OSU is 17-2 in the last 19 games when a ball carrier rushes for 100 yards or more.
• The Beavers are 25-6 in the months of October, November and December since 2006.