Arts center elects
The Arts Center recently elected new officers and members to its board of directors.
Officers are Jeff Gunn, president; Walter Barkan, treasurer; and Candace Pierson-Charlton, secretary. New members are Stephanie Douglas, Aaron Reizes Ofer Heyamn and Beth Rietveld. They join returning board members Alyce Chapman, Brian Egan, Jonathan Kurten, Keith Moses and Lauren Ohlgren.
The Arts Center has championed the arts in Corvallis for 52 years, and serves more than 34,000 individuals in Benton and Linn counties with arts education, healing arts and no-charge public art exhibitions.
Samaritan awards social accountability grants
The five hospitals affiliated with Samaritan Health Services recently awarded a total of $418,457 in Social Accountability grants to 44 local service organizations.
Social Accountability grants are awarded in Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties.
The grants were awarded to:
• ABC House
• Benton County Sheriff’s Office
• Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
• Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence
• Community Health Centers of Benton County
• Community Services Consortium – HELPS Program
• Corvallis Daytime Drop-In Center
• Corvallis Environmental Center
• Jackson Street Youth Services
• Love, INC.
• Old Mill Center for Children and Families
• Retired Senior Volunteer Program
• Senior Meals/Meals on Wheels
• Vina Moses Center
• Boys & Girls Club of Albany
• Boys & Girls Club of Lebanon
• Community Health Centers of Linn County
• Court Appointed Special Advocates of Linn County
• Family Tree Relief Nursery
• Fish of Albany
• Fish of Lebanon
• Lebanon Basic Services
• Lebanon Public Library
• Lebanon School District
• Pregnancy Alternatives Center
• Strengthening Rural Families
• St. Vincent de Paul
• Sweet Home Emergency Ministries
• Sweet Home Pregnancy Center
• Volunteer Caregivers
Hampton as chair
Benton County Democratic Central Committee members have elected Stephanie Hampton chair of the Benton County Democrats.
In the first use of “rank-choice” voting in Oregon since its passage here in the November election, local Democrats chose Hampton and several other Democrats to serve two-year officer positions and state delegations. Besides Hampton, Rick Osborn was re-elected first vice chair; Lauana Beaty, second vice chair; Ann Gaidos-Morgan, secretary; and Tracey Yee, treasurer. Hampton, Annabelle Jaramillo, Justin Brice and Dan DeCarbonel were elected to serve two-year terms as delegates to the State Central Committee.
Janet Wolf-Eshe, Charles Maughan and Tabitha Pitzer were selected to be delegates to the Fourth Congressional District, while Catherine Sterns and Sam Sappington were chosen to represent Benton County in the Fifth Congressional District. Benton County Democrats meet at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at Grace Lutheran Church, 435 NW 21st St. in Corvallis. Meetings are open to the public.