{{featured_button_text}}
Philomath Fire & Rescue artwork

A poor television signal appears to have played a role in a fire causing only minor damage to a home about 6 miles south of Philomath overnight Wednesday.

Philomath Fire & Rescue Capt. Rich Saalsaa, fire and life safety officer, said a homeowner went outside his doublewide mobile home late Wednesday to investigate why his satellite TV signal wasn't coming in. When he checked the satellite dish, the homeowner saw smoke pouring from a lean-to structure attached to the home.

Philomath Fire & Rescue responded to the fire at midnight Thursday at the residence on Penland Drive.

Saalsaa said the fire was confined to the lean-to structure.

“That structure contained a washer and dryer and was heavily damaged,” Saalsaa said. “There was minor damage to the home.”

According to the fire department, the homeowner had placed laundry in the dryer earlier that morning.

“The fire seems to have originated from that appliance, but no official cause has been determined at this time,” Saalsaa said.

Philomath sent two engines and two water tenders to the fire with nine personnel at the scene. The Corvallis and Monroe fire departments each sent one engine.

Subscribe to Breaking News

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
0
0
0
0