Philomath agencies and organizations are teaming up for National Night Out, which is scheduled for 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 6 at Philomath City Park on 23rd Street.
The Philomath event is part of a nationwide series of similar events, all meant to help build community. Public-safety agencies and other groups will be on hand with information, activities for children, and more. A light meal will be available for those attending the free event.
At press time, the following agencies and organizations had committed to the event:
• Philomath Community Services.
• Philomath Fire & Rescue
• Philomath Youth Activities Club
• National Guard, which has plans to bring a portable climbing wall
• Benton County Sheriff’s Posse
• Philomath Community Library
• Philomath Police Foundation
• Philomath Police Department