The Lebanon Arts Commission's Noon at the Plaza summer performance series kicks off its inaugural season at noon Friday, July 6 at Strawberry Plaza, 847 S. Main St. in Lebanon.
Each Friday in July and August, residents and visitors are invited downtown at noon to grab lunch and gather at the plaza for performances.
Here's the schedule for the series:
• July 6: Jeff McMahon, magical entertainment
• July 13: James Wright, singer and acoustic guitar
• July 20: President John F. Kennedy, "We choose to go to the moon" speech and Amos True (1960s music)
• July 27: "The Cemetery Club" by Ivan Menchell, Comedy Reader's Theatre Play
• Aug. 3: Alicia Zabalza, singer and acoustic guitar
• Aug. 10: Bush Pilots, alternative bluegrass
• Aug. 17: Michael and Deborah Wren, children's songs, show tunes and folk rock
• Aug. 24: Jesse Meade, singer-songwriter, acoustic guitar
People are encouraged to use the concrete benches, lounge on the grassy areas within the plaza or bring their own lawn chairs. Performances are free.
For more information, see www.ci.lebanon.or.us/calendar.