Autopsy: Nick Gordon died from heroin overdose
AP

Autopsy: Nick Gordon died from heroin overdose

{{featured_button_text}}

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Bobbi Kristina Brown's ex-partner died last month from a heroin overdose, an autopsy found.

Nick Gordon, whose legal name is Nicholas Bouler, died from an accidental overdose on New Year's Day, the medical examiner in Seminole County, Florida, found in an autopsy released Thursday.

Gordon, 30, was found unresponsive at a Sheraton hotel in the Orlando-area suburb of Maitland, police said. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Gordon's death came nearly five years after Brown, the daughter of singers Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, was found face-down and unresponsive in a bathtub at her home north of Atlanta, Georgia. The 22-year-old died after six months in a coma. Houston drowned in a bathtub in 2012.

Investigators weren't able to determine exactly how Bobbi Kristina Brown died. An autopsy showed that she had morphine, cocaine, alcohol and prescription drugs in her body, but the medical examiner in that case couldn’t determine if she killed herself, if someone else killed her or if her death was accidental.

Her family blamed Gordon, accusing him in the lawsuit of giving her a “toxic cocktail” before putting her face-down in the water. Gordon was never charged in the case, but he was found responsible in a wrongful death lawsuit. An Atlanta judge ordered him to pay $36 million to Brown’s estate.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

0
0
0
0
0

Related to this story

Most Popular

  • Updated

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — An investigation into legendary singer Plácido Domingo by the U.S. union representing opera performers found more than two dozen people who said they were sexually harassed or witnessed inappropriate behavior by the superstar when he held senior management positions at Washington National Opera and Los Angeles Opera, according to people familiar with the findings.

  • Updated

MADRID (AP) — The Spanish government said Wednesday it was canceling two upcoming performances by Plácido Domingo in Madrid to show support for the women who have accused him of misconduct and take a stand against sexual harassment, becoming the first in Europe to cancel on the megastar since since allegations surfaced last year in the United States.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News