Oregon State University will host the third annual Weatherford Awards at the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower on Thursday, Feb. 17.
Presented by the OSU Austin Entrepreneurship Program, the event honors contributions from business professionals with roots in Oregon. A reception opens the program at 5:30 p.m. followed by a dinner and the award presentations.
Tickets are $75, and are available until sold out. For tickets contact Mary McKillop at 541-713-8044 or email@example.com. Tickets are also available online at http://tinyurl.com/4quett4.
The awards are named for OSU’s Weatherford Hall, a living-learning residence hall where entrepreneurship and business students can study.
The recipients of the 2011 Weatherford Awards are:
• Frank Dulcich, entrepreneur, co-founder and CEO of Pacific Seafood.
• Paul Gulick, entrepreneur and founder of Clarity Visual Systems, co-founder of InFocus Corporation, father of the digital projector.
• Jack Smith, inventor and co-founder of Hotmail. He is CEO of the information security company Proximex.
• Rex Smith, former chairman and COO of the Hotmail venture and father of Jack Smith. He was vice president for MSN Operations prior to his retirement in 2002.
• Junki Yoshida, the chairman and CEO of Yoshida Group, visionary behind the famous Yoshida sauce.
• Fred Ziariis, the founder of ezWireless and IRZ Consulting, a leader in water and energy conservation technologies. He is chief executive of IRZ Consulting, ezWireless and OnSmart Technologies LLC.