The second segment of the “Know Your City” series is at 7 p.m. at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library, 645 NW Monroe Ave.
The event, sponsored by the city, the League of Women Voters of Corvallis and the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition, tackles budget issues and how the city pays for services. On hand will be City Manager Mark Shepard and Finance Director Nancy Brewer.
The final session, on Jan. 24, will look at land use.
In other public meetings:
• The Corvallis Climate Action Advisory Board subcommittee working on funding meets at 10:30 a.m. at the Madison Avenue Meeting Room, 500 SW Madison Ave.
• The Philomath City Council and Planning Commission meet in a joint work session on land use at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall, 980 Applegate St.
• The Greater Albany Public School District’s board meets at 7 p.m., at the district office, 718 Seventh Ave. SW. The agenda includes an update on the district’s superintendent search.
• The Philomath City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall and will feature opening remarks from Mayor-elect Eric Niemann, election of the council president and the announcement of appointments to various boards and commissions.
• The Corvallis City Council and Mayor Biff Traber meet in an all-day team-building retreat at the Madison room. The session begins at 9 a.m.
• The Corvallis King Legacy Advisory Board meets at 5:15 p.m. at Osborn Aquatic Center, 1940 NW Highland Drive.
• The Corvallis Housing and Community Development Advisory Board meets at 11:30 a.m. at the Madison room and will receive an update on the buildable lands inventory.
• The Albany Development Code amendments task force meets at noon in the Ralston Room at Fire Station 11, 611 Lyon St. SE.
• The Corvallis Community Relations Advisory Group meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Madison room.
• The Corvallis Arts and Culture Advisory Board meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Parks and Recreation Department, 1310 SW Avery Park Drive.
• The Corvallis Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at the downtown fire station and will conduct a public hearing for a planned Bonaventure senior living facility on Timber hill.
• The Albany City Tree Commission meets at 3 p.m. in the Calapooia Room at City Hall, 333 Broadalbin St. SW.
• The Albany Airport Advisory Commission meets at 3:30 p.m. at the Willamette Room at City Hall.
• The Albany Planning Commission Hearings Board meets at 4 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall and will hold a public hearing on a conditional use and site plan review for parking lot and site improvements associated with the remodel of the apartment building at 222 First Avenue SE.
• The Corvallis School Board will have a special meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the district office at 1555 SW 35th St. The agenda will include a possible renewal of the charter for Muddy Creek Charter School.
• The Corvallis Parks, Natural Areas and Recreation Advisory Board meets at 6:30 p.m. at the downtown fire station,. 400 NW Harrison Blvd.