The League of Women Voters of Corvallis is hosting a forum at 7 p.m. Wednesday on a proposal to form an urban renewal district in South Corvallis.
Corvallis residents will vote March on the matter, Measure 2-121.
On hand will be Brigetta Olson of Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services, Vince Adams, who served on the plan’s advisory committee, former Ward 1 Corvallis Councilor Penny York and city of Independence Economic Development Director Shawn Irvine.
In other public meetings:
• The Albany Community Development Commission meets at noon in the Santiam Room at City Hall, 333 Broadalbin St. SW.
• The Albany City Council meets in a 4 p.m. work session in the Municipal Courtroom at City Hall. Councilors will discuss wastewater and water system development charges, the municipal court judge's annual report and review appointment procedures for citizens advisory groups
• The Corvallis Climate Action Advisory Board is holding a special meeting at 4 p.m. at the Madison Avenue Meeting Room, 500 SW Madison Ave., to discuss the clean energy jobs bill that is before the Oregon Legislature.
• The Philomath City Council meets in a 5:30 p.m. work session at City Hall, 980 Applegate St., to discuss its strategic plan, council rules and council guiding principles.
• The Philomath City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall and will hear a presentation from Karen Levy on a mental health crisis text line. Immediately following the regular meeting, the city’s Urban Renewal Agency meets to appoint its 2019-20 budget officer.
• The Corvallis Budget Commission meets at 6 p.m. at the downtown fire station, 400 NW Harrison Blvd. Commissioners are scheduled to elect a chair and vice-chair and hear a presentation from Finance Director Nancy Brewer and City Manager Mark Shepard. The actual 2019-20 budget itself will not be delivered to the commission until May 7.
• The Corvallis Historic Resources Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. at the Madison room and will discuss and approve its 2019 work plan and offer input on a certified local government grant the city is considering applying for.
• The Albany Development Code Amendments Task Force meets in the Ralston Room at Fire Station 11, 611 Lyon St. SE and will continue its discussion of code concepts for multifamily and other housing types.
• The Corvallis Downtown Advisory Board meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Madison room and will discuss public safety data, the alley lighting program and downtown regulations.
• The Albany Arts Commission meets at 6 p.m. at Fire Station 11.
• The Albany City Council meets at 7:15 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall. on the agenda is a public hearing on wastewater and water system development charges, second readings on two ordinances relating to accessory dwelling units and a resolution amending the enterprise zone boundary.
• Those interested in applying for one of the city of Corvallis neighborhood and community empowerment grants are invited to a workshop to learn more about the application process and review criteria. The event is at 7:15 a.m. at the Madison room.
• The Corvallis Civic Beautification and Urban Forestry Department Advisory Committee meets at 9 a.m. at the Parks and Recreation Department, 1310 SW Avery Park Drive.
• The Philomath Park Advisory Board meets at 5 p.m. at City Hall.
• The Corvallis City Legislative Committee meets at 4 p.m. at City Hall, 501 SW Madison Ave.