A number of Mental Health First Aid classes have been scheduled for the mid-valley in February and March.
Mental Health First Aid is a national program to teach the skills to respond to signs of mental illness or substance use.
Here's the schedule for future classes in Linn County:
• Mental Health First Aid Training for Veterans. Focuses on the unique experiences and needs of veterans, service members and their families: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Feb. 5, Linn Benton Lincoln Education Services (Room C4), 905 SE Fourth Ave., Albany.
• Adult Mental Health First Aid Training. Session 1: Feb. 26. Session 2: Feb. 28, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. both days. Western University of Health Sciences, COMP-Northwest in Lebanon.
• Youth Mental Health First Aid Training. March 4, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Linn-Benton Community College, Cascade View Room, Albany.
For more information on Linn County classes or to register, contact: Linn County Health Services, 541-967-3819, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In Corvallis, two sessions are planned, both at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, 3600 NW Samaritan Drive:
• Youth Mental Health First Aid, Friday, Feb. 8.
• Adult Mental Health First Aid, Thursday, March 7.
To register for Corvallis classes, call 541-768-6811 or visit samhealth.org/MentalHealthFirstAid.